I know, I know - technically Big should have been featured on the day of the "Sex & the City" movie release.
And if you can find a shirtless photo of Chris Noth that equals this one, I will stand corrected in my error.
The movie opens today - check your local listings and enjoy!
HAPPY FRIDAY & HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND FROM THE GOLIGHTLY GIRLS!
"Sex and The City" opens today - have you got your tickets? Are you in New York? Are you sick of the hype? We're not. Have a Girls' Night Sleepover at the Mandarin Oriental with their Celebration Package.
"Fans from around the world eager to celebrate the launch of the Sex and the City movie can indulge their inner Carrie, Samantha, Miranda or Charlotte with a delicious bite of the Big Apple that even the fabulous foursome would envy.
The Sex and the City Celebration Package gets guests off to a shopping with a USD 200 gift card to famed specialty department store Henri Bendel – a favorite haunt of the show’s stylist/costume designer Patricia Field. Guests will also delight in a private limousine tour of Sex and the City shooting locations, where guides divulge behind-the-scenes stories from the days of filming. Featured on the tour are stops at Henri Bendel and Jimmy Choo where guests will swoon over the latest fashion and shoe indulgences. After an over-the-top day of glamour, guests can relax over a round of Sex and the City-inspired cocktails in the hotel’s stylish Lobby Lounge.
The Sex and the City Celebration Package includes:
* USD 200 gift card to fashion haven Henri Bendel
* A private and personalized Sex and the City Hotspots Tour, courtesy of On Location Tours. Tour for up to five people.
* Stop at Henri Bendel with a personal shopper leading the way
* Gift at Henri Bendel from leading intimate apparel designer Cosabella, who has just launched a “Sex and the City” lingerie collection
* Stop at Jimmy Choo's Madison Avenue boutique
* Round of two Sex and the City-inspired cocktails in the hotel’s stylish Lobby Lounge
* Sex and the City Trivia game that recaptures the fun-filled adventures and details from the six-year series
* One night in a Mr. Big-worthy guestroom or suite at the 5-star Mandarin Oriental, New York
Valid April 15 - December 31, 2008
Reservations can be made by calling +1 (212) 805 8800 or toll free at (866) 801 8880
or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Airlines will soon be charging $15 for you to check a piece of luggage. Honestly. How are we supposed to pack multiple fabulous outfits for our girlfriend weekends?
We have already been working at whittling down our weekend luggage to avoid the inevitable lost-bag crisis that no one enjoys on a weekend jaunt. The airlines are now just reinforcing our decision, so it's not a big deal.
Creative carry-on packing, paired with smart girlfriend coordinating, are the keys. Have ONE person bring a flatiron. Have another person bring the power-hairdryer. Have yet another person bring the industrial-size canister of Aqua-Net.
What do you mean we're not using Aqua-Net anymore?
- Pack things inside your shoes
- Roll, baby, roll - rolled clothing packs tighter
- Wear as much as you can on the flight - think LAYERS
- Accessories, accessories, accessories
- Share clothing
You will need to try to scootch onto the plane as early as possible, because with the new "checked bag tax" those overhead compartments are going to be as overstuffed as your luggage.
Don't let it frighten or discourage you. Think of it as a challenge. You and your girlfriends may want to hold contests to see who can pack the lightest.
The winner gets a brand new can of Aqua-Net!
The hip Washington DC hotel, Hotel Helix, offers to let you and your girlfriends indulge your inner (or outer) Divas.
"Dive into Divadom
When you take your first step into Hotel Helix, you officially achieve Diva status. Not only is this your 15 minutes of fame, but your every wish is our command.
We'll arrange for a personal shopper to join you at the city's hippest stores and advise you on your most fabulous looks, and arrange a limo service to escort you to wherever you'd like to go.
Have a favorite snack? Let the staff know, and they'll make sure its waiting for you upon arrival with a bottle of champagne– whether it's a bowl of popcorn or a bowl of M&M's with all the green ones removed!
Sport a keepsake feather boa to show off your reign of divadom!
* Limo service
* Personal shopper
* Champagne and snack
* Keepsake feather boa
Starting from $1219 for a Suite."
Hotel Direct: 202-462-9001 · f: 202-332-3519 · Reservations: 800-706-1202
The Four Seasons Hotel Chicago has created a Manolos and Martinis Package in honor of the new Sex & the City movie coming out in the U.S. on May 30th.
Complimentary copies of Vogue magazine - one for each guest
Complimentary in-room visit and cosmopolitans from the Martini Man
$700 gift card to Barneys New York on Oak Street to purchase a pair of Manolo Blahnik shoes
$50 gift card in the 900 Shops on North Michigan Avenue
Complimentary desserts in Seasons Lounge
Movie tickets can be arranged via concierge
120 East Delaware Place
Call Four Seasons for more information
Tel.(1 800) 819-5053
1 (312) 280-8800
1 (312) 280-1748
Everyone's favorite Pollyanna, can be counted on to show up in pink or ivory on most occasions. In earlier seasons, however, they gave her a slightly wider berth with her wardrobe options:
An early look of Charlotte's, that doesn't reflect her utter girlie-ness, but is quite appropriate for travel. Comfortable jeans and top, comfortable flat shoes, and very-obviously Burberry trenchcoat.
But I'd rather see her at the airport wearing something a little more "Charlotte", like this:
This also, coincidentally, goes along with our Wedding Season kick-off week. Thanks Char!
Memorial Day has passed, and it's officially Wedding Season! Or unofficially; we haven't seen "Wedding Season" marked on any of the wall calendars, you know how some of them have a little faded text in the corner of the day that says "Casmir Pulaski Day" or something?
Anyhoo, Wedding Season IS upon us, and today we have a special Expert Guest Blogger sharing a great Top 10 List today - Kathy Scott Rummage of Bridesmaid Essentials has graciously provided us with today's Top 10 List AND she is also featured in today's "We're Sharing" section.
I Get Around
If the bride sees more movies on a plane than in the theater and she prefers the soil of a new town between her toes rather than the familiar carpet of her apartment, then she might enjoy the adventure of a travel-themed wedding shower. Encourage guests to bring a gift with the gal-on-the-go in mind.
Here are the BridesmaidEssentials top 10 great gift ideas for the bride who really gets around:
1. Blister prevention – (Dr. Scholl’s cotton “moleskin” padding - $5)
2. Travel-sized containers (ContainerStore.com - $8)
4. Jewelry bag (TurqJewelry.com $12 + monogramming)
5. Travel neck pillow (Magellans.com - $16)
6. Travel umbrella (Totes micro pocket umbrella - $18)
7. Hanging cosmetic case (MarilynsKeepsakes.com - $32)
8. Slip on shoes for airport security line (Reef stash sandals - $46)
9. Passport cover (GraphicImage.com - $52)
10. Digital camera (Kodak EasyShare M853 - $115)
Not only can she use these presents if the plane ticket takes her on a trip to grow her business, strengthen the bond with her bridesmaids or just take the most exciting excursion of her life: the honeymoon!
THANKS TO BRIDESMAID ESSENTIALS!!
Kathy Scott Rummage, creator of BridesmaidEssentials, has graciously written what we like to consider our very first Holiday Golightly Love Letter. She's fabulous, and she's sharing here:
A beautiful friendship
I’ve been brainstorming ideas for fun yet atypical bachelorette party ideas for gals who would prefer to explore a new city rather than leave their hard-earned bills in the undies of a random “exotic performer.”
I was on a web quest for find some “I do” inspiration when the wedding gods smiled on me in the form of an email from Golightly guru, Gretchen. During a spirited message volley, I learned all about HolidayGolightly.com and quickly discovered it is the treasure trove of travel information for which I’d been searching.
As I perused the site, I started wishing I could get married again (to the same great groom, of course!) just so I could go on a girlfriend getaway to a fabulous locale. I also [briefly] caught myself wishing to be in yet another wedding just so I could justify a jaunt to an unfamiliar city under the guises of being a good bridesmaid.
When I checked out the Austin Spa Getaway, I pictured us wrapped in plush robes, reclined around a crystal blue pool, sipping tea infused with some exotic fruit. The only break in our relaxing conversation would come as we took turns getting an unwinding massage. All together now: ahhhhhhhhh.
Then I noticed the word “cuisine” in two getaway options. Oooh, a trip centered around meals? That’s my kind of excursion, especially when you’ve been eating too many rice cakes and baby carrots to slim down for that lovely dress that really only looks good on the skinniest bridesmaid in the party.
Just the thought of Chicago deep dish pizzas and Chicago dogs got my juices flowing when I read about the Chicago Cuisine Getaway. Then when you add the “private party at chocolate lounge” to the package, well, I thought I couldn’t go on. Pizza and chocolate? ‘Nuff said. But then I forced myself to look ahead to the Seattle Cuisine Getaway which not only includes reservations at a sumptuous restaurant, but also features a food tour and a cooking class. If you have a bride whose culinary skills consist of pouring soy milk on cereal and ordering Chinese takeout, this could be a fun way to help her learn how to make at least one meal to share with her new husband!
But I was practically salivating after dreaming of delicacies on the cuisine getaways and I was sure I’d gained some weight just thinking about them so I clicked over to a trip that’s a bit more figure flattering: the Boulder Active Getaway. We could strap on a helmet for the mountain bike tour to pump out the frustration of wedding planning and then take in a calming yoga class to chill after we’d purged our angst outside.
When planning a big out of town bachelorette party, though, you always have to think of Vegas, baby! Of course the Vegas Getaway includes show tickets and reservations at a swanky restaurant. The only question is how much of the bride’s honeymoon budget are you going to gamble?
It's a "Good Girls" Bachelorette getaway, so chances are, we will not be invited. Those crazy kids at the Gaylord Palms Orlando/Kissimmee Florida resort are offering a Bachelorette experience that won't land anyone in the clink.
The Gaylord Palms again? They are all about the girlfriend getaways.
"It all starts with you, the overwhelmed best friend, to share everyone's thoughts and desires with a Gaylord Palms Experience Coordinator. From that point, it's easy. We will customize your very own experience. We'll even upgrade the bride to a suite, which will become your group's gathering place. Our Experience Coordinator is there to help...organizing, planning, and booking an experience as unique as you'd like! That's what makes the Good Girls Bachelorette Getaway so special and easy.
Book Your Bachelorette Party NOW! 1-407-586-4434
Let's get the party going:
* Call our reservations team at 1-407-586-4434
* Request the Good Girls Bachelorette Getaway at a special rate of $169 per room (4-room minimum)
* Reserve the upgraded suite for bride; the official headquarters of the bachelorette party
* Shortly after, you'll be contacted by your personal Experience Coordinator to begin customizing a special Good Girls Bachelorette Getaway
IT'S THAT EASY FOR EVERYONE! BOOK NOW! 1-407-586-4434
The Party Begins. Customizing Your Bachelorette Party
* Maybe it's a night out on the town in a limo to let loose.
* Or, it's a private appearance by a slight-of-hand magician in your suite along with wine and chocolate-covered strawberries for you and the girls.
* Pamper the bride with a spa party complete with manicures, pedicures & massages, and a private yoga lesson for all
* A fortuneteller can cap off the night by revealing what the future holds for the bride!"
One dilemma that sometimes arises on a Girlfriend Getaway is that one of your girlfriends arrives late. Say everyone else arrives at 5pm, and her flight is delayed until 8pm. Do you leave her and go out to dinner anyway?
Time is precious on a weekend trip, and while it may, at first, sound a bit callous, we think everyone should keep their dinner reservation, and here's why:
1) Non-delayed girlfriends will be hungry. Hungry girlfriends=cranky girlfriends. It's unfair to punish the other girlfriends by making them sit around and wait, when the weekend is ticking away, and that table at Charlie Trotter's sits lonely and unoccupied.
2) Delayed flights can be super-delayed, and if all the girlfriends are just sitting around, eating peanuts to curb their hunger, and waiting, waiting, waiting, there is going to be some pent-up resentment toward poor delayed girlfriend, when it wasn't even her fault.
3) It will be no problem at all for your delayed girlfriend to catch up with you, when she does finally arrive. With cell phones and Blackberrys and Treos and helpful hotel concierges', there is little chance of delayed girlfriend being stranded at the hotel with the jar of peanuts.
Plus, by the time stranded girlfriend shows up, everyone will have missed her so much she'll be the most wanted and popular table-mate.
- airplane travel
- austin weekend
- awards show
- bachelorette trends
- bachelorette weekend
- bouder, co
- bridal insanity
- bride gift ideas
- bridesmaid essentials
- britney spears
- cabo san lucas
- cameron mathison
- celebrities in airports
- celebrity fashion
- chicago weekend
- colorado getaway
- cowgirl weekend
- dining with girlfriends
- divvy it up
- food & wine
- friday men
- girlfriend getaway
- girlfriend weekend
- girls beach trip
- girls brunch
- girls gone fabulous
- girls night
- girls weekend
- golden globes
- guilty pleasure
- john krasinski
- katie holmes
- las vegas
- marthas vineyard
- new york
- new york weekend
- packing dilema
- san francisco weekend
- sex and the city
- ski package
- ski weekend
- spa getaway
- stacy london
- surf camp
- travel fashion
- travel to italy
- travel to tuscany and umbria
- valentines day for girls
- valentines day for singles
- wedding wear
- weekend activities
- weight loss
- what not to wear
- wine event
- winery weekend
- winter blahs