Holiday Golightly Fees
Effective Date: March 1, 2008
Hooray, fees! Yes, fees. What we are doing here takes some serious skill, not to mention hours and hours of work. Time is money, people.
|Getaway Cost||Variable (Custom Quote)|
|Non-Refundable Deposit||$25 (Flat Per Trip Fee)|
|Concierge Fee||$75 (per person)|
|“High Maintenance” Fee||$50 (per hour- Custom Quote)|
|Cancel Fees||$50 (per person)
plus vendor fees & penalties
|Change Fees||$50 (per hour)
plus vendor fees & penalties
|Bounced Check Fee||$25 (per occurrence)|
Getaway Cost: Variable (Custom Quote)
This very reasonable cost is determined based on current rates & availability from the fabulous travel and activity vendors. We will attempt to find the best available rate – the same as, or better than, you'd find booking on your own. We love a bargain, like anyone else. But you know how things change minute-to-minute and there are different deals floating around, so we can't guarantee our rates will be rock-bottom. We provide the total estimated per-person Getaway Cost in a custom quote to you.
Non-Refundable Deposit: $25 (Flat Per Trip Fee)
In order for us to do our thang, and research and provide you with the custom Getaway Cost quote, we do require a non-refundable deposit of $25. I know! So reasonable! This fee will be applied towards your Concierge Fees at the time of booking.
Concierge Fees: $75 (per person)
In addition to your Getaway Cost (which is purely the cost of your trip), we charge a fee of $75 per person for our time and services** (verrrry valuable) payable at the time of booking. This roughly equates to 5-10% of a basic Getaway Cost. A screaming deal we say!
"High Maintenance" Fee: Quoted per situation at a rate of $50/hour
That's right. Out-of-the-ordinary fussiness will cost you. If your group has complex situations, needs custom arrangements (e.g. some event planning for a shower) or has other extraordinary needs, we'll implement the "HM" fee. We'll discuss this with you and provide a quote before proceeding.
Cancel Fees: $50 (per person) plus vendor fees & penalties.
It is a bummer when you have to cancel a fun trip, we know, and we do recommend trip insurance for this reason.
We will need notification of cancellation in writing (an email from you will suffice). You will be promptly refunded any refundable prepaid amounts less the various penalties and fees noted below:
- You may be subject to cancellation fees from the various vendors (hotels, activities, etc.) with whom your Getaway is booked. You will be notified of these vendors' policies on your quote and invoice and are responsible for the indicated terms and penalties. These will be deducted from any refunds due you and/or charged to your form of payment.
- HGL will charge a fee of $50 per person for trip cancellation. This fee will be deducted from the refund of your Concierge Fee.
Change Fees: $50/hour plus vendor fees & penalties
Flighty McChangeHerMind will be charged additional fees. See "time is money" sentence at top of page.
- You may be subject to change fees by the various vendors with whom your Getaway is booked. You will be notified of these vendors' policies on your quote and invoice and are responsible for the indicated terms and penalties. These will be charged to your form of payment.
- HGL may charge a fee of $50/hour (billable in 10 minute increments) to make changes to an existing confirmed Getaway.
Bounced Check Fee: $25 per occurrence
We do not accept Monopoly money, library cards, or rubber checks as payment.
If we are unable to reach you to pay up with actual money, within a reasonable period of time, we reserve the right to release your reservations and will consider the trip canceled by you, which means cancellation fees. We realize this is highly unlikely, but we must be prepared anyway. We think Mary Poppins said that?
How it Works
- When you find a Getaway that looks like Good Stuff, you submit it to us with your estimated number of people, date ranges and a few other choices so we can prepare a current quote based on current rates & availability. At that time, we charge the Non-Refundable Deposit of $25 (see above) to research and prepare the quote. The deposit will go towards your Concierge Fees (also above) when you book.
- Once you approve the quote and the various options and activities, we deliver invoices and request payment methods from you and your group members. At this time, we charge the Concierge Fees and complete your bookings using your methods of payment. In addition, for certain prepaid reservations, the vendors will charge your method of payment at this time.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all of your girlfriends (group members) submit their payment information. For certain services and activities, we can only confirm your reservation after all of the group members have provided their payment information. If you're feeling generous, you can pay on behalf of another group member, but this is prohibited for any air or cruise travel. It may not be possible to do this with all products and services.
- Once payments and bookings are complete, we will provide you with a detailed itinerary and any required vouchers.
- If you require changes to your bookings after your invoices are paid, we may impose a Change Fee of $50/hour (in addition to any change fees or penalties imposed by our vendors). We can provide you with an estimate of the fee for each proposed change.
- If you need to cancel your trip after your invoices are paid, we will impose a Cancel Fee of $50 per person (in addition to any change fees or penalties imposed by our vendors). If only some of your group members cancel, the cancellation fees only apply to those group members and their affected reservations. Please keep in mind that if one (or more) of your girlfriends cancels, the per-person rate will possibly/likely increase.
- For HGL Concierge Fees, Deposits, Cancel and Change Fees, payment can be made by personal check or credit card (VISA, MC). When paying by check, reservations cannot be made or adjusted until the check has been cleared by our bank.
- For most Getaway travel and activities, a credit card will be required to confirm the reservation and/or pay amounts due upfront.
- In order for us to help you plan a great Getaway, you and your group members are responsible for providing us with required information and payment methods in a timely manner. Timely, to us, means "yesterday", so hop to it. We cannot be responsible for not completing reservations or securing quoted rates if we do not receive necessary information from all group members in a timely fashion. That is code for: we will blame you, and we'll be right. Just make sure to get us the information when we need it, and no one gets hurt.
- We recommend that you purchase travel insurance. Just in case. We think Mary Poppins said that too.
- See here for our Terms of Service
**Included in the Concierge Fees are:
- Recommending and booking of hotel (or other accommodation)
- Arranging of transportation (booking of rental car or other transfers)
- Recommending and booking of restaurant reservations
- Recommending and booking of spa appointments and unique activities
- A "Girlfriend Getaways Guide" to your Destination, an insider's list of dining, shopping, sightseeing and nightlife recommendations perfect for a girlfriend getaway, all based on their first-hand scouting of the destination.