March 1, 2008
We recognize the importance of your privacy. Please read the following policy to understand how your information will be treated. These privacy practices apply to the website located at www.holidaygolightly.com (the "Site"), which is operated by Holiday Golightly, LLC ("HGL”).
Information We Collect
What information we collect from visitors to our Site depends upon how visitors choose to interact with us through the Site. We offer some services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. For example, you can read materials such as our blogs without providing personal information. However, using our full range of services involves providing personal information to us. Personal information is information that identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information.
The following is a list of types of information we may collect and ways in which it is collected:
- Information you provide. When you sign up for an account with us or for other HGL services or promotions that require registration, we ask you for personal information such as your name, email address and a username. For some services, such as travel booking, we also request credit card or other payment account information. We may also request information related to travel such as seat selection, frequent traveler program information and ticketing options. You may of course choose to submit information to us in various ways, such as by email or by posting information in public forums by, for example, commenting on a blog or writing business or destination reviews. We typically store and maintain the information collected, including copies of your posts and comments.
- Logged information. We automatically collect and store some information that you do not actively provide, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, the date and time of your visit, and the last website you visited.
- Cookies. When you visit the Site, we send one or more cookies (that is, small text files) to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can change your browser’s settings to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features and services will not function properly if cookies are disabled. Cookies may contain account information such as your user name and password, although passwords will not be included unless you request that they be saved for automatic login.
- Other internet technology. We may use other technology, such as pixel tags and web beacons, to track use of our Site. We may also include web beacons in email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors, to deliver targeted advertisements, and to measure the usage and effectiveness of our Site and our online advertising and other content and activities.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Personal and other information collected is used to provide our services, for example to process orders and registrations, respond to requests or enquiries, to communicate with you in general, and display customized content and advertising.
- Personal and other information is shared with our selected suppliers, service providers and partner sites in connection with providing services to you. For example, we may provide such information to third parties in connection with fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, operating and maintaining the Site, performing business and sales analysis, and offering contests.
- Content that you make available publicly is generally displayed to other visitors to the Site. Information that you make available publicly may be collected and used by others, and we cannot control what other users do with this content. In addition, content that you make publicly available may be distributed or licensed by us to sites with which we have a business relationship, and displayed on those sites.
- We may share aggregated information with third parties, such as usage statistics or demographic trends regarding our users. This data does not include personal information.
- If you have an account with us, you can review and update your account information (such as your name, user name, and contact information) online by logging into your account. We make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and the ability to correct the information if it is inaccurate or to delete it at your request if it is not required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We require users to reliably identify themselves and the information they wish to access, correct, or remove before processing these requests, and we may decline to process requests that we believe in good faith are unreasonable or unduly burdensome (such as requests that are repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be impractical to satisfy).
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information. These measures include administrative and physical security measures intended to guard against unauthorized access to personal data. When you complete a transaction with us, we use encryption in transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours.
Holiday Golightly LLC
2068 2nd Ave., Suite 501
Seattle, WA 98121