Content tagged with: cocktails
Hightail it to New York City - you're still prepping for "Sex & the City" right? The Hotel Roger Williams is offering a "Just Us Girls" package through May 31, 2008.
"Just Us Girls" - Hotel Roger Williams - NYC
You've earned it, girls! Spend an "anything goes" weekend in the Big Apple with this Midtown NYC special at the Hotel Roger Williams. Start off with complimentary cocktails in Lounge Roger, then see where the night takes you. In the morning, our gourmet breakfast and special "Party Survival Kit" will have you ready to do it all over again.
This special package includes:
* Deluxe accommodations
* One celebratory signature cocktail, per person, in Lounge Roger
* Amazing Korres "Party Survival Kit," with guava body butter and primrose eye cream
* Gourmet European breakfast for two
Terms and Conditions
Offer available through: 5/31/2008
Available on Sun Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat
Terms and conditions:
Based upon single/double occupancy and are exclusive of taxes and subject to availability.
131 Madison Ave.
New York, NY 10016
Res -- 888 448 7788
Tel -- 212 448 7000
Fax -- 212 448 7007
Let me offer you a glass of champagne. We shall now toast to the super fun time that Lola, Muffy, and I had in NYC. Did you know that there was a Biker tribute to the victims of 9/11 and that we got a free round of drinks at Bar Americain? Well, now you do!!
In addition to those joys and adventures, we also enjoyed playing numerous rounds of “that’s what she said”, saw a show, and had delicious cocktails and food. We even managed a trip to Zabar’s. Mmm...Zabar’s!
There were 2 disappointing things about Spring Awakening:
1. The guy that won the Tony for his performance in the show wasn’t there.
2. The lead was a spitter. He gets so excited when he sings and annunciates every single word so he ends up spitting everywhere. At one point, I wanted to stand up and yell, “Say it! Don’t spray it!” I controlled myself. I bet the people in the first 2 rows wish that someone had warned them that it was like sitting in the front row of a Shamu show at Sea World. There was a constant stream of mist coming out of his mouth. Yuck, yuck.
Here’s a little example of the good times we enjoyed at Bar Americain:
Lola: So my friend was dating a brother for a few months, blah, blah, blah.
Muffy: What the hell is wrong with her?
Me: What do you mean?
Muffy: I mean where was she raised? You just don’t do that.
Lola: Well, she didn’t date him for long, just for a few months.
Muffy: Seriously, that’s freaking crazy. How would it dawn on her to do something like that even for a few days!
Me: [By this point I’m thinking that Muffy is a racist] Come on now, it’s not that bad.
Muffy: It’s wrong. It’s just wrong.
Me: Wait a minute. She was dating an African American, not her brother.
Muffy: Oh. I thought you said it was her brother. [Laughter ensues and mocking begins]
Dinner took place at Tao. We all rocked out jeans and I wore the bear traps. The food was delicious, but it was a tad bit too loud. I only realized this once my ears started bleeding. Thankfully, I was able to stop the bleeding by stuffing a crisp lobster and shrimp dumpling in each ear. No one noticed. It was too dark for anyone to see anything. I’m so freaking old. 5 years ago I would have loved going to a place like that. Now, I question why they have to make it so freaking loud and dark. Thank god that I didn’t get all hammered there. I can only imagine how I would have managed to get out of there without tripping over one of the low tables in the bar. The food was excellent, I recommend going: just make sure to take a flashlight and some ear plugs.
Make the bachelorette bash an entire weekend to remember. Take the group to Vegas. Is there really a better excuse to go to Vegas? I mean, other than the shotgun wedding?
Top 10 Reasons To Have The Bachelorette Party In Vegas:
1) The slogan, obviously. "What Happens In Vegas, Stays In Vegas" is probably the smartest marketing campaign ever. Let the bride-to-be take advantage of it.
2) The gambling - it's everywhere. And if everyone is lucky enough, you can win back the cost of that hideous bridesmaid dress that you'll only wear once!
3) The restaurants - with the variety of cuisine available here, you will be punished if you return home with an Olive Garden t-shirt.
4) The shows - whether you want the most water-tacular (it's a word) Cirque-du-Soleil magnificence of "O", or you're just dying to see Celine gorilla-pounding on that skinny little chest of hers, Vegas is the place for shows.
5) The drinks - fancy, fruity and some martinis come in industrial-sized "martini bowls".
6) The dance clubs - "We never go dancing anymore!" Is a common whine uttered throughout our generation. If you're going to go dancing, go dancing! Vegas has hundreds, of dance clubs from the numbing thump of the techno-rave-ish spot, to more grown-up options, where you can actually sing along to the dance tunes. Loudly, while swinging your martini in the air.
7) The swimming pool scene - They are everywhere, and very glamorous, with waterfalls and multiple pools and everything. Cannonball!
8) The shopping - Caesar's Palace Forum has everything from Agent Provacateur (lingerie) to Vosges (chocolate). This might be an entire weekend experience in and of itself.
9) The spas - Ahhhh.
10) The heat - It makes us do crazy things. Bachelorette parties need crazy things.
Remember to take a lot of photos. Blackmail can score you some great shoes!
Sure, you can kick back with the girls and have beer or wine, but great summer cocktails make everything seem slightly more festive. Possibly because of the fruity drink colors, or possibly because you've garnished them with a lit firecracker. To each her own! Here are our Top 10 Summer Girlfriend Getaway Cocktails.
1) MOJITO - a personal favorite, and the ultimate in refreshing summer cocktails. Which we also drink in the Fall, Winter and Spring.
* 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
* 1/2 lime, juiced
* 1 sprig fresh mint, crushed
* 1/2 cup crushed ice
* 2 fluid ounces white rum
* 4 fluid ounces carbonated water
* 1 sprig fresh mint, garnish
1. In a highball glass, stir together the confectioners' sugar and lime juice. Bruise the mint leaves and drop into glass. Fill glass with crushed ice and pour in rum. Pour in carbonated water to fill the glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
2) MARGARITA - or as we like to call her "Old Faithful".
* 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
* 6 fluid ounces tequila
* 2 fluid ounces triple sec
1. Fill blender with crushed ice. Pour in limeade concentrate, tequila and triple sec. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
3) MUDSLIDE - the milkshake's naughty older sister. We love hanging out with her.
* 4 cups crushed ice
* 2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jiggers vodka
* 2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jiggers coffee flavored liqueur
* 2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jiggers Irish cream liqueur
* 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
* 1/2 cup whipped cream
1. In a blender, combine crushed ice, vodka, coffee liqueur and Irish cream liqueur. Drizzle in Chocolate syrup. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and garnish with whipped cream.
4) SANGRIA - por supuesto, que si!
* 1/2 cup brandy
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
* 1/3 cup orange juice
* 1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine
* 1/2 cup triple sec
* 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
* 1 orange, sliced into rounds
* 1 lime, sliced into rounds
* 1/4 cup white sugar (optional)
* 8 maraschino cherries
* 2 cups carbonated water (optional)
1. In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, triple sec, and sugar. Float slices of lemon, orange and lime, and maraschino cherries in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy sangria, add club soda just before serving.
5) BELLINI - our most refined cocktail, which is perfect for brunch.
*1/2 ounce peach liqueur
*1 ounce peach juice or nectar
*Chilled champagne or sparkling wine
Pour liqueur and juice into a chilled champagne flute. Slowly top up with champagne or sparkling wine.
6) LEMON DROP - Vitamin C is very important!
* 4 fluid ounces fresh lemon juice
* 2 fluid ounces vodka
* 1 teaspoon white sugar
* crushed ice
* 1 lemon, sliced
* 4 sprigs fresh mint
1. In a mixing glass, combine lemon juice, vodka and sugar. Stir until dissolved, then pour into glasses filled with ice. Garnish with a lemon slice and sprig of mint.
7) BOURBON SLUSH - we loved 7-11 Slurpees when we were kids, and this is our reward for getting older.
* 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
* 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
* 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 2 cups strong brewed black tea
* 2 cups bourbon whiskey
* 1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
1. In a large bowl or container, mix together the orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, pineapple juice, sugar, tea, and whiskey. Transfer to shallow bowls or dishes, and freeze overnight.
2. Remove the frozen mixture from the freezer and let stand for about 10 minutes. Chop with a wire whisk or potato masher to make a slushy consistency. Place scoops of the frozen slush into glasses, and top off with the lemon-lime flavored soda.
8) KEY LIME MARTINI - the perfect substitute for the pie you're always avoiding.
* 5 ounces of Ciroc vodka.
* 1 ounce Rose's Lime Juice.
* 1 ounce heavy cream.
* 1 lime cut in half.
* 2 thinly cut lime slices.
Pour the vodka, and Roses into a shaker 3/4 full of cracked ice and let stand for a minute.
Rim 2 frozen martini glasses with lime flavored cocktail candy and rub 1/2 a lime around the bowl of each glass.
Shake for several minutes. Add the heavy cream to the shaker and shake for another minute. Strain your Key Lime martini into your two glasses, and garnish each glass with a lime slice.
9) WATERMELON DAIQUIRI - watermelons are synonymous with summer, and should be incorporated into as many drinks as possible.
* 4 cups peeled, seeded, cubed watermelon
* 1/2 cup light rum
* 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
* 1/4 cup orange liqueur
* Ice cubes
1. FREEZE watermelon in a shallow pan at least 6 hours.
2. PROCESS frozen watermelon and next 3 ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add enough ice to bring mixture to 5-cup level; process until smooth. Repeat procedure, if necessary, until mixture measures 5 cups.
10) WOO WOO - we couldn't have a complete drink list without at least ONE with a completely ridiculous name, that becomes more and more fun to say the more you drink.
*2 ounces vodka
*1/2 ounce peach schnapps
Half fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Squeeze in lime, then add the vodka and schnapps. Shake, then strain into an old-fashioned glass half filled with ice. Add the squeezed lime wedge and top up with cranberry juice.
As always - drink responsibly!
- airplane travel
- austin weekend
- awards show
- bachelorette trends
- bachelorette weekend
- bouder, co
- bridal insanity
- bride gift ideas
- bridesmaid essentials
- britney spears
- cabo san lucas
- cameron mathison
- celebrities in airports
- celebrity fashion
- chicago weekend
- colorado getaway
- cowgirl weekend
- dining with girlfriends
- divvy it up
- food & wine
- friday men
- girlfriend getaway
- girlfriend weekend
- girls beach trip
- girls brunch
- girls gone fabulous
- girls night
- girls weekend
- golden globes
- guilty pleasure
- john krasinski
- katie holmes
- las vegas
- marthas vineyard
- new york
- new york weekend
- packing dilema
- san francisco weekend
- sex and the city
- ski package
- ski weekend
- spa getaway
- stacy london
- surf camp
- travel fashion
- travel to italy
- travel to tuscany and umbria
- valentines day for girls
- valentines day for singles
- wedding wear
- weekend activities
- weight loss
- what not to wear
- wine event
- winery weekend
- winter blahs